Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

switched n/w
From: kaushal <kaushal () rocsys com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:00:24 +0530

Hi,
   Iam a bit new to network securities.We have a switched network and to
my knowledge a hosts' data cannot be sniffed by other host by runnning
tcpdump.But Iam receiving complaints from few users that their data is
being changed/manipulated.Is this possible?
How can I avoid this at the host level?Does this mean the server has
been compromised?Any help or pointer in this aspect would be highly
appreciated.

thanks in advance.

kaushal.

  By Date           By Thread