Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: switched n/w
From: Rino Mardo <joroxx () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:14:31 +0300

how did your users came to that conclusion?

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:00:24 +0530, kaushal <kaushal () rocsys com> wrote:
Hi,
  Iam a bit new to network securities.We have a switched network and to
my knowledge a hosts' data cannot be sniffed by other host by runnning
tcpdump.But Iam receiving complaints from few users that their data is
being changed/manipulated.Is this possible?
How can I avoid this at the host level?Does this mean the server has
been compromised?Any help or pointer in this aspect would be highly
appreciated.

thanks in advance.

kaushal.

--
"Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the
richest people in America.  If I'm not there, I go to work"

  By Date           By Thread