Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: RPC over HTTPS security risks
From: "James McGee" <james () infosec co im>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:01:40 -0000

Enable them OWA, that way the only access they need is via HTTP(s)

Opening up RPC to the Internet is iffy in my opinion, unless you can get
them all static Ips, and then filter your front end firewall to only allow
them in.

Outlook Web Access would enable them to access the data from anywhere.  If
they use their own machines you are opening up a big can of worms!

Hope this helps!

JM