Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Administrator Rights?
From: <dmorrow5 () satx rr com>
Date: 1 Dec 2004 03:31:58 -0000

I'd like to think I'm somewhat computer savvy, but this one escapes me...running XP, trying to run Windows Update. All
but one or two updates will fail. I've done some research that suggested a necessary service may not have started, but
this is not the case. When looking at the user account, they are designated as Administrator. However, Windows Update
says it won't install the updates unless it's accomplished by an administrator. Any suggestions?

  By Date           By Thread