Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: book for a newbie...?
From: "Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh]" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway technolabs net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 17:03:04 +0530

do you have url to download that security books for free?
It's dificult for me in here (Indonesia) to buy that books online. And
quiet expensive to buy at local store (I'm a student, with little budget
for buying books).
If you show me url for free ebook (Specially in IT/Security/hacking), I
would be really appreciate it.

google is your best friend ... with a computer, internet connection, and a printer ( preferabally dot matrix for bulk
printing ) and the right programs like ghostscript
you can get all the books at a fraction of the auctual cost.

what kind of books do you require ? i would suggest Securing-Optimizing-Linux-The-Ultimate-Solution.pdf v2 that is a
good starting point for you. download it from http://openna.com

-aditya

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html