Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Preveting DDOS Syn floods on HTTP servers
From: <nabi1 () securology org>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:16:13 MET

Dear list,

I was wondering if it was possible for a HTTP servers to prevent DDOS syn floods, attacks from different IP's, like a
attack from a IRC network or something like that.

Some people say it's impossible and some say it's possible, so I wonder if someone can give me the right answer, and if
it's possible, how to do it?

NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html