Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: GOTOMYPC Corporate?
From: pcannon9 () comcast net
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 20:40:14 +0000

When the issue came up here last year my concerns were similiar to yours.

I did the same think you suggested, vpn with vnc, then null routed the gotomypc servers outbound in case someone
installed it locally.

Pat Cannon
Network Administrator
Transcentive
So what is the general consensus on GOTOMYPC Corporate?

Personally, I don't have alot of trust or warm and fuzzy feelings about it,
due to the risks it poses, and the possible potential of PHI
(Private/Personal Health Information), and Financial data being leaked out.
As well as the concerns with it pertaining to HIPAA compliancy.

What is everyones elses feelings on it?

Personally, I would rather have them come in on a VPN client, and use a
internal VNC (or other remote desktop) solution.

Scott C. Swenka
Network Security
Sun Health Corporation

The information contained in this transmission may be legally privileged
and/or confidential information. Any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this transmission by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you receive this in error, please inform the sender
immediately and remove any record of this message.

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html