Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Preveting DDOS Syn floods on HTTP servers
From: jamesworld () intelligencia com
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 18:48:26 -0600

At 06:16 03/05/2004, nabi1 () securology org wrote:
Dear list,

I was wondering if it was possible for a HTTP servers to prevent DDOS syn floods, attacks from different IP's, like a attack from a IRC network or something like that.

Some people say it's impossible and some say it's possible, so I wonder if someone can give me the right answer, and if it's possible, how to do it?

___________________________________

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_data_sheet09186a00801daa53.html

Search on the words "DoS protection"   You will see it in the table

More detailed:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns171/ns128/networking_solutions_white_paper09186a008009c8b6.shtml

and from the docs
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/cmdref/s.htm#wp1026694
look at the
emb_limit
&
max_conns

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. Visit us at: http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html