Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Help Needed
From: "Eric Paynter" <eric () arcticbears com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:26:51 -0800 (PST)

"Junaid" <junaid () de21comp net> 03/05/04 09:52PM >>>
Can somebody tell a the name of a tool that can be used to send
ICMP packet of size > 64K on windows. i have to crash a machine
John Kingston said:
ping -l 65000 IPADDRESS will ping that IPADDRESS with 65000 bytes
of data.

AFAIK, Windows ping won't let you go above 65500 bytes. 64K = 65535
bytes.

-Eric

--
arctic bears - email and name services
25 email addresses () yourdomain CA$11.95/month

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html