Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Wireless Card config for Searching APs
From: "marcelo" <marcelo () madah com br>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:28:22 GMT

Hi there!

I would like to know what is the best config for a Wireless Card for searching APs in a building. I´m using NetStumbler and had found my own AP, but my card was configured with my network settings. To find other ones, do I have to set an IP or use DHCP? What is the windows network configuration to use? I know that the SSID must be ANY or (NULL), right? I have an LG W1100N Prism2 Card (Windows XP). I haven´t tried to use it in LINUX... does Linux do the job better than Windows XP? Thanks.
Marcelo Pudell
System Auditor
Brasil

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. Visit us at: http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html