Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Source of hack attemps
From: "Justin Biggs" <news () consultbiggs com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:09:45 -0500

Austin,

Info from http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_507065.html?menu=

1)  USA 30% of attacks
2)  South Korea  9%
3)  China  8%

Says Israel is also high on the list.

Justin Biggs
President, Biggs Computer Consulting
www.consultbiggs.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Austin Moran [mailto:mis () nysar com]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 8:50 AM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Source of hack attemps

Does anyone know what the leading countries are for attempts to violate
network security?  Is there a list which might show the top five or ten
countries for sources of computer hackers?

thanks in advance,

Austin

---
Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545
off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or
less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.

Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of
in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the
skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.

Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html
----