Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Linux Distribution Recomendation
From: matt () nullcipher net
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:12:44 -0800 (PST)

The vision behind Adamantix is to improve the overall security
features of
sounds like what nsa linux and trustix used to claim ?? along with the
other secure linux ??

I don't know what they used to claim. Trustix is now a closed for-pay only
distribution it seems (correct me if wrong).

Trustix is still open. The original company went under. Trustix then
became Tawie. Another company bought Trustix and its developers and
continues to live on. Infact version 2.1 was just released.

Trustix server based but a GUI Desktop can be built from it. In version
2.1 the IBM Stac Gaurd was added which is the first real such move for
having hardened sucurity. The main bonus with trustix is SWUP. It keeps
your system up to date easily and automaticly if enabled.

As the user base grows the nubmer of packages contrubuted for the
community is growing far beyond just a solid server environment. It has
the potential to challenge the other big distros like debain for number of
packages and the ease of adding them onto your existing system in a year
or so.

Sorry if I got a bit long winded ;)

www.trustix.com
www.trustix.net

Matt

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html