Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

SecurityFocus new article announcements
From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:03:59 -0700 (MST)

The following two articles were published on SecurityFocus today:

1. Detection of SQL Injection and Cross-site Scripting Attacks
By K. K. Mookhey and Nilesh Burghate  Mar 17, 2004

This article discusses techniques to detect SQL Injection and Cross Site
Scripting (CSS) attacks against your networks using regular expressions
with the open-source IDS, Snort.

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1768

2. The 12kb Bomb
By Kelly Martin  Mar 17 2004 08:02AM PT

It only takes a 12kb virus for total system compromise and a highly
effective spam engine. Anyone can make one. Some assembly required.

http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/228

--8<--cut here---8<---
Kelly Martin kel () securityfocus com http://www.SecurityFocus.com
SecurityFocus Infocus - content editor ph+001 (403) 261-5468

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html