Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: FW: Legal? Road Runner proactive scanning.[Scanned]
From: "Jef Feltman" <feltman () pacbell net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:41:28 -0800

Here is better analogy:
You call a hotel and question them about the services they offer to the
guests. Does the staff have the right to arrest or harass you? A port scan
is nothing more than a guest asking what services you offer.

jef

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html