Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: FW: Legal? Road Runner proactive scanning.[Scanned]
From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:42:20 -0800

  You call a hotel, and instead of asking for a non-smoking
double room overlooking the pool, you ask if room 1 is available,
then if room 2 is available, then if room 3 is available, and
so on.  At some point, this amounts to a denial of service
against the hotel switchboard operator....

Dave Gillett