Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Syscheck v0.3 - New integrity Checker (locally or remotely)
From: Daniel Cid <danielcid () yahoo com br>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:17:38 -0300 (ART)

A New version of the Syscheck
(http://www.ossec.net/syscheck) is available. Now it
comes with a installation script (more easy than ever
to install), 100% support to Solaris/SGI and a lot of
fixes/improviments in the code.

To download:
http://www.ossec.net/syscheck/files/syscheck-0.3.tar.gz

Binary packages:
http://www.ossec.net/syscheck/bin/

Official site:
http://www.ossec.net/syscheck/

**
Syscheck is an Open Source software that checks your
files, specially binaries
and configuration files, to see what has changed on
your system.

Syscheck monitors the size, c_time (change time) and
the md5 checksum of all the
specified files by the creation of a database (stored
locally or remotely, via http) with all this
information there.

The great advantage of SysCheck is his capacity to
access the files information
remotely, making the monitoration of the files much
more secure and simple, specially
when you have more than one Unix system to protect.

Thanks

Daniel B. Cid

Yahoo! Mail - O melhor e-mail do Brasil! Abra sua conta agora:
http://br.yahoo.com/info/mail.html

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html