Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Recommending an IDS system
From: "Khaled" <lists () sonicc net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:23:41 +0400

Hi All,

Im Curious,

No one has mentioned the old Recourse (now Symantec) Manhunt product,
we're using it in our small setup and I find that the multiple sensors
per one box extremely efficient and an effective way to cut hardware
costs as our total traffic is no more than 100Mbps of real throughput,
with about 5 segments and we can have all that being monitored from one
machine.

Sure for now the signature updates are a manual download but when
liveupdate integration arrived (im told next release) then it should be
even easier.

Has no one out there used manhunt yet ?

Cheers !
K.

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html