Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

What Are These Shares(Remote Admin/Remote IPC)?
From: Mark Sargent <powderkeg () snow email ne jp>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 19:08:11 +0900

Hi All,

are these neccessary..? I don't do any remote administration on/to this host
(Win2kPro). I'm on an ADSL LAN with my sharemate. Don't suspect anything
foul from him. I do have shared folders (for when connecting this
host(laptop) to my desktop). Is that why I see these shares in Computer
Management/System Tools/Shared Folders/Shares..? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html