Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Caching a sniffer
From: "Mitchell Rowton" <mrowton () bdo com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:23:21 -0500

If you are asking how you "an authorized user" can sniff traffic from a
switch with no span feature, then look into putting a network tap on the
uplink or trunk interface.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=network+taps

"aruna" <arunah () slt lk> 03/27/04 12:00AM >>>
Hi,

Appreciate to know the tools / methods available to sniff packets in a
switched environment.
The issue is that there is NO span port , how could this being done.

aruna

NOTICE:
The contents of this email and any attachments to it may contain privileged and confidential information from BDO
Seidman, LLP.  This information is only for the viewing or use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of, or the taking of any action in
reliance upon, the information contained in this e-mail, or any of the attachments to this e-mail, is strictly
prohibited and that this e-mail and all of the attachments to this e-mail, if any, must be immediately returned to BDO
Seidman, LLP or destroyed and, in either case, this e-mail and all attachments to this e-mail must be immediately
deleted from your computer without making any copies thereof.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
BDO Seidman, LLP by e-mail immediately.

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html