Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Wireless access
From: "Cesar Osorio" <COsorio () awb com au>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:27:30 +1000

Hi all,

Well,  How about setting your wireless in a complete DMZ off the Firewall,
and only HTTP traffic can flow out to the internet and nothing else.
      Plus (This is a maybee) could setup and user ID and password @ the
firewall so, any client that connects to it needs to authenticate to the FW
before is allow out ... this will help knowing how legit and who the user
is ...
      Plus change the password on this FW user regularly and do not publish
it or give it away untill needed.

                      Robert Mezzone
                      <Robert.Mezzone () PJS        To:       "'jswhitford () acm org'" <jswhitford () acm org>,

                      olomon.Com>                 security-basics () securityfocus com

                                                 cc:
                      30/03/2004 03:17           Subject:  RE: Wireless access

As an example, what happens if a person (unknowingly) connects wirelessly
and downloads a music file?  They are outside our firewall but they are
still connected to our network. Wouldn't the company still be liable?

Thanks.

Robert