Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

MAC address and process type scanner?
From: Bénoni MARTIN <Benoni.MARTIN () libertis ga>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:33:58 +0100

Hi list!

I am currently developing a tool to monitor the network I am working on. It will be some kind of mix of GPL tools as
Big Brother/ Nagios / Ntop / Nmap / ..., but I will be looking for a tool which would be able to remotely determine
some hardware characteristics as the kind of process (CPU), RAM, ...

I am afraid if will be hard to find that out and even if it can be possible, but it someone has an idea or a reply, I
will appreciate! :)

Thanks!

PS: As an admin, I have all the rights on any machine, that's not a trouble.

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html