mailing list archives
Opinions sought...How much information is to much to "give away"?
From: Kevin Kasner <tkevink () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:17:51 -0700
My backup vendor recently interviewed me for an article because I'm
using their encryption package. They have sent me the article for
review, so I still have a chance to change how much information is
In the course of the article, several things are revealed about my environment:
1) My backup solution & what types of data are encrypted in my back
ups (ie: customer data, AD/LDAP info, databases, server O/S's), and
that I have off site storage of tapes
2) My OS mix (ie: Windows, ...)
3) the fact that I have "separate solutions" for firewall, IDP,
remote access, and network monitoring
4) Who we are and what city we are located in.
So...I'm looking for some honest opinions on whether I'm giving away
too much info.
- Opinions sought...How much information is to much to "give away"? Kevin Kasner (Jun 29)