Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: GIAC Dilution
From: Daniel Miessler <daniel () dmiessler com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 05:01:45 -0500

On Mar 24, 2005, at 9:39 AM, Aman Raheja wrote:

GIAC will probably becaome equivalent to the Security+.

Not a chance, guy. Despite the dropping of the practical (which I'm not a fan of), the technical tests (plural) for the GSEC were still *very* difficult compared to CISSP, Security+, MCSE, or any other test I have taken. The stuff was quite technical and those without a strong background will not do well on the tests as they exist today.

I am not sure how they match up on content or level of knowledge required.

It's fairly stout stuff. Think CISSP, but technical.

I think SANS will keep a decent degree of respect in the certification arena, just not as much as when they had the practical requirement. That's my hope anyway...

--
Daniel Miessler, CISSP, GSEC
Email: daniel () dmiessler com

  By Date           By Thread