Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Signing up for spam?
From: Andrew Kinsey <adk11 () psu edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 09:17:05 -0500

You can try and get a story posted on slashdot. The day I got my first story submitted to slashdot (with my e-mail address in the submission) I started receiving a deluge of spam. It took less than an hour after the story appeared before I began receiving spam. Then, take some of the more disreputable e-mails and fill out the opt-out form which will then increase your spam even more. Likewise, do as others suggested and make your e-mail address publicly available on as many websites as you can manage. That should start netting you 100s of messages a day at a minimum. I went from 0 spam/day to 75-100 just by getting that one story on slashdot.
Hope that helps.

Andrew

Alice Bryson wrote:
Hi, Back,
I am also interesting in spam collecting for research. Which site do you put mailto to? How's the effective? How many spam do you receive everyday?