Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: System Monitor
From: Gabriel Orozco <gabriel_orozco () mx sumida com>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 16:19:04 -0600

First Thanks to everyone that tried to help

I want to update what happened to the computer and what I found:

Upgrading the kernel to that computer, system % usage went to 0 again, but it began to mark interrupt and other errors, and passed the %usage to the user section.

This could point to a problem in the kernel with ultra Sparc. To be sure, the computer had installed Solaris again: no problem shown.

We decided to move the app to a spare pc with an Opteron processor and 512MB of RAM, which with a test of 100 concurrent users, showed no any slowdown, and all statistics showed what I could call "normal" behavior, with mainly processor and memory usage (being a php app).

We will try to use a different Linux distro to check if it had something to do with Debian, but it will not be done in the near future.

Again, Thanks for the help

Gabriel

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus