Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

system monitoring
From: Murad Talukdar <talukdar_m () subway com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:34:07 +1000

Hi all,
I wanted to find out if anyone had ever used OCS to monitor the machines on
their network.
The link to the project on sourceforge is here:
http://ocsinventory.sourceforge.net

SAM does not get much in the way of resources here so I'm looking for a low
cost alternative I'm doing up some WMI scripts to do the same but OCS looks
like it may be promising.

I need to be able to inventory software and hardware across the network and
then output to reports etc.
Other commercial stuff seems expensive or not so good.

Kind Regards
Murad Talukdar

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus