Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Google Desktop and Security
From: Mark <elihusmails () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:27:15 -0500

I am interested in using Google Desktop, but am concerned about the
potential for security leaks from my computer.  I am uncomfortable
with Google indexing my hard drive.  I have read that you can turn off
indexing, so I feel better about that.

Could someone please provide more information about what other
security issues the Google Desktop may present.

Thank you.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus