Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Anti-Virus
From: "shrek-m () gmx de" <shrek-m () gmx de>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:41:42 +0100

Hartmann wrote:

It seems that clamav runs on unix.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Cos when I browse through clamav/3rd party, they gave me the idea of *nix
environment.
Is it true??

yes.
$ clamscan
$ freshclam

eg.   mailscanner  +  clamav+sophos  +  spamassassin

Can I run it on windows platform??

yes.
http://www.clamav.net/binary.html#pagestart
eg.  http://clamwin.org/

--
shrek-m

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.
http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus