Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows Log
From: Neil <neil () voidfx net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 23:52:20 +0530

Rod wrote:
Hi all,

I have a Win2k Server, who is my Domain Controller, and I'd like it to
log only the LOGON/LOGOFF events. I know that there are a whole class
of logon/logoff events, but I´d like to log only when a user logon
into a machine in the domain.

I don't remember exactly off the top of my head, but I think what you're looking for is the Audit policy settings under the Domain Security console.

--
Neil
http://voidfx.net

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.
http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus