Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: University Degree or CISSP
From: shyaam () gmail com
Date: 18 Jan 2006 04:48:51 -0000

People give their own views about University or CISSP. What is more important is the creativity, stamina(to
continuously explore even when situations donot welcome), willpower, inexhaustive energy for drinking more knowledge.
Once a person thinks that knowledge is money, then everything goes down as when he reads for CISSP or even a degree, he
will think of reading it for boosting his salary or getting a extra few letters behind his name. NOPE. That approach is
very wrong. Doing whatever we want, but still being on the top is always the best. Doing what does not matter, but how
you are doing that does. Outshining in whatever we do is the best attitude for being always on top. To be competitive
or challenging, do something uncommon. If I was in your position, I would do a degree as a foundation and build the
house over it by adding certifications to it. So I guess that is what would keep you more secured in your job and in
everything.

Good Luck

-S-

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus