Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: University Degree or CISSP
From: Simon Biles <simon.biles () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:21:51 +0000

On 28 Aug 2005 09:30:16 -0000, soumyadipta_das () yahoo com
<soumyadipta_das () yahoo com> wrote:
Is it better (in terms of technology and industry acceptablity) to get a university degree on information security
than certifications such as
ccna/ccsp, ceh (or security+) and cissp?

I flunked my degree :-) But I've personally found that neither a
Degree or a Certification is worth nearly as much as experience !

--
Simon Biles
CISSP, OPSA, BS7799 Lead Auditor, MBCS

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus