Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Emailencryption with Thunderbird/Enigmail and Smartcards
From: "dav () forststrasse27 de" <dav () forststrasse27 de>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:07:21 +0100

Hi,

i have implemented Emailencryption (GnuPG and S/MIME) in my Thunderbird.
Now i'd like to store the key's on a smartcard.
Can i use every smartcard? How must it be prepered?
Is there a good Howto?

By the way:
For a friend, I am looking for a GnuPG-PLugin for Outlook 2003. He tried
one from GData but this actually didn't work. He had no
Encrypt/Decrypt-Buttons.
Now he has a tool (i don't know the name) , he starts seperately and
decrypts by copy & paste. I am sure there is a  more comfortable solution...

Thanks, Tom!

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus