Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: question: Linksys 54G WAP - SSID name change issue
From: "Robert Reed" <rreed567 () earthlink net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:29:04 -0700

I have seen this problem also..... since you are at residential connection
is your WAP spoofing a MAC for your ISP... and if so is it the same as one
of the devices you are connecting with?.... The way I finally solved the
issue I saw was by spoofing to the clients wireless MAC to the Clients Wired
MAC... this shouldn't be a problem in that environment so long as they never
connect both wired and wireless to the same router. There is no reason that
this should have made a difference, but it did, Have not had a problem
since???