Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: RE: Re: University Degree or CISSP
From: "Kain, Becki (B.)" <bkain1 () ford com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:21:52 -0500

The thing that I find frustrating, and I have a 4 year degree from
University of Michigan, in Economics, is that companies, like the one
I'm posting from, make it a requirement that you have a degree, but not
what the degree is in.  Seems that a person with 4 years of practical
computer work should be seen as just as (or more, IMHO), useful that a
person with a 4 year degree, but no practical skills.  But then again,
I'll never understand HR departments.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus