Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: readnotify.com
From: Saqib Ali <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:26:07 -0800

        What if someone has their client to send E-Mails as only text format, and
not HTML?  Does readnotify.com change the format of an E-Mail?

yes. the format is change to text/html

        Would closing the preview pane, and then selecting the MSG, and saving it
as a text document defeat their tracking?  I mean if you've closed the
preview pane, and then save the E-Mail as a text document you haven't
opened the E-Mail itself, right?

that depends on your mail reader. does closing the pane really mean
that the mail reader will not parse HTML?? I don't know. It depends on
how the mail reader was implemented.
--
Saqib Ali, CISSP
http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus