Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Active Directory password expiry notification via email??
From: Stephane Favre <stephane () blue-matrix co za>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:46:18 +0200

Hi there

I was wondering whether there would be a way of letting users know via email
that their Active Directory password will be expiring in XX days. We have quite
a few users that connect to our network only to collect email via PDA's and
other mobile devices. So they seldom, if ever, actually log onto a windows
PC.... it would be nice to inform these users that they need to contact the
helpdeks the next day to reset their password, ect.

We run a 2003 domain together with 2003 Exchange servers.

Any help / suggestions would be mostly appreciated.

Stephane
Woza 2010

     _________

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and
practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you
what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical
and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see
what we're about, visit us at:

http://www.sensepost.com/training.html