Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Spell out process to encrypt files for laptop on domain
From: ronken () stein-industries com
Date: 13 Jul 2006 20:21:28 -0000

We're trying to encrypt the files in our remote user's My Documents folder on their laptop.  The plan is to then have
them copy the local files to their user folder on the server via VPN on a regular basis.  We're confused by the
coordination between the server side setup and the local pc setup - DRA's and recovery policies; .pfx and .cer; where
and how certificates need to be created...

Can someone give us the steps in proper order to get the files encrypted when the user logs into their machine using a
domain?

TIA
Roger Onken

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and
practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you
what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical
and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see
what we're about, visit us at:

http://www.sensepost.com/training.html