Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Malware and DoS analysis
From: bitshield () gmail com
Date: 19 Jul 2006 06:04:35 -0000

Hello

I’m trying to analyse a company’s vulnerability to malware (Viruses, Trojans, Backdoors, etc)  and DoS. I’m however a
little bit stuck in finding an approach to do that. I’m trying to collect properties that make a corporate environment
vulnerable to certain kinds of malware and DoS attacks.

Some of the points I want to have a closer look are:
-  Internet Access architecture
- Intranet and DMZ architecture
- General Network defences
- Anti-Virus deployment
- Deployed Operating Systems and their patch level
- Employees’ awareness regarding malware
- Proper defence-in-depth concept

Do you guys have any other ideas? What can be considered to analyze DoS susceptibility?

Thanks for your feedbacks
Joe

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus