Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Has anyone used the ReflexIPS appliance?
From: "Dale Neufeld" <canuck.eh () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:29:31 -0400

As a new security admin I'm looking for a new intrusion detection
appliance.  I've looked at the heavy-hitters such as sourcefire and
tipping point and they seem to be over priced for what you get.  I
found a product group test at
http://www.scmagazine.com/us/grouptest/details/1dc48d34-b285-a4ee-d4e4-d425ee9ca059/intrusion+prevention+2006/
and the ReflexIPS looks like a nice solution.  Does anyone know how
good the SC magazine reviews are?  Has anyone used the ReflexIPS? Any
other suggestions?

thanks

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree, without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus