Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Password Cracking using Djohn
From: "Ahmad N" <ahmad1985 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 02:22:07 +0400

a very nice and fast alternative to the cracking method you are using

the magic word........rainbow tables

http://passcracking.ru

enjoy

On 7/21/06, Beauford, Jason <jbeauford () eightinonepet com> wrote:
Nathaniel Hall wrote:
> I work for an organization that currently assigns passwords to all
> employees and we are moving over to user created passwords.  As part
> of the move, we are wanting to implement a system that will try to
> brute force the user passwords (raw-MD5) so that we can disable the
> account if it is easily cracked.
>
> That said, I have used John the Ripper and love it's abilities.  I
>  would, however, like to distribute the workload over two or three
> systems.  The software I found to do this is Djohn which uses JtR as
> it's base.  I have found the system to be a bit under documented for
> me. Has anybody used it successfully?  If so, could somebody assist
> me in setting up and running the system?

Check this out:  http://www.purehacking.com/chaos/

It sounds like it is exactly what you're looking for.

Another link to something else that sounds similar:
http://www.antionline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=262750

JMB

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus