Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Windows debugging/vulnerability analysis
From: "Krpata, Tyler" <tkrpata () bjs com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:10:16 -0400

Hi,

I am looking for some resources on analyzing vulnerabilities in Windows
drivers and/or the kernel. Specifically I am interested in the flaw in
srv.sys as detailed in MS06-035. I'm really looking for details on how
to get useful information out of a debugger at that level, not being a
Windows person myself. Can anyone recommend some reading material?

Thanks,
Tyler

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus