Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How to stop Admins from sniffing ?
From: Zach Giezen <zach () thegiezens com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:08:42 -0600

One word!

TOR

http://tor.eff.org/

Have fun!!! :-)

On 26 Jul 2006 05:13:47 -0000
swap_tek () yahoo co uk wrote:

Hey List

I work in a small organisation and the system and network administrators here are constantly monitoring all data in
the network. I have seen them running Etherreal on their systems and from their talks i am sure that they know who is
doing what. I m using windows XP and i have a personal firewall installed which pop's up every few minutes saying
that there is a port scan attack going on. And when i looked up that IP address it belongs to tbe system being used
by the administrator. I have tried talking to my bosses about this but not happened ( maybe the admins convinced them
that they are not doing anything like that or its happening by bosses permisson).  i know since they are in same
network as me its easy for them to sniff all traffic and everything.

What i want to know from you ppl is that is there is anyway way to stop this ? is it possible for me to encrypt all
traffic going out from my system ?
I have never used a Anti-Sniffer but can they help ? any way out ?

Thanks in advance
Jeff

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus