Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: How to stop Admins from sniffing ?
From: "Thomas D." <whistl0r () googlemail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:26:21 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Mavin [mailto:chris.mavin () googlemail com]

Hey,

If I were really bothered about it I'd probably setup a proxy at home and
use a VPN connection connect to it. Then surf and do whatever you don't
want
them to see like that. At home: Linux server, Squid, and OpenVPN.

Chris

And this is, what a normal user shouldn't be able to do on a workstation!
I'll mention a few things:

If you can install services, software or devices, your workstation might be
a security risk...

If you have got a private VPN connection, you might be able to copy secret
data without the knowledge of your company... (white-collar crime).

Remember: It is your working place and not your second private home desktop
computer...

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus