Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: enumerating folder permissions
From: Raoul Armfield <armfield () amnh org>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 12:25:43 -0400

Jamie Wareham wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm following you correctly, but it seems like you could
simply select "view permissions" (under advanced permissions options)
for the folder permissions.  They can see, but not change.

True but the problem there is that you only see the groups that have access to the folder. They will have no easy way of knowing who the members of the groups are.

Has one on this list ever had a request to make something like this available to users?

--
Raoul Armfield
rarmfield at amnh dot org

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see what we're about, visit us at:
http://www.sensepost.com/training.html