Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Systematic Removal of Accesses: Pull the Key from the Lock
From: "lists () infostruct net" <lists () infostruct net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:14:14 -0400

Systematic removal of accesses refers to revoking physical and logical
accesses when a person leaves an organization or their role changes. In the
absence of a formal process, lingering privileges can be used to access
systems, applications and office space. Potential damage includes theft of
funds, equipment or intellectual property, disclosure of confidential
information, and/or damage to property or personnel. Read more...

http://www.issa.org/cgi/issaopnpg.php?page=journals/2006_June/J0606011.pdf

Gideon T. Rasmussen
CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM
Charlotte, NC
gtrasmussen () infostruct net

http://www.ussecurityawareness.org
http://www.gideonrasmussen.com

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and
practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you
what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical
and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see
what we're about, visit us at:

http://www.sensepost.com/training.html