Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

How to get into Penetration testing?
From: Gurminder <gureek () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 15:24:36 +0530

Hi,
        It was quite an interesting post, Actually I am also in the same ship.
I have got 1 yr of experience in Network development and basics and
aim to work as a freelance pen-tester.
Currently I am  in Bangalore India.
I want to know do CEH certification still has that reputation, which I
can use to get my assignments.
Or its just a certification for name sake.
Do I really need such certifciations, Although I am B-tech Engineer
and have knowledge of pen testing
but exp is less.
 How do I approach the clients for this? Or how to get oursourced
work from big consulting firms?
Please guide me in this journey.

I hope to get valuable suggestions from the community.
Thanks
Gurminder Singh