Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Seagate, Secude Show encrypted laptop at CeBIT
From: "Saqib Ali" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:19:53 -0800

http://www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/story/0,10801,109429,00.html?SKC=security-109429

From the articles:
"The laptop has Seagate's Momentus 5400 FDE (full-disk encryption)
hard drive, which encrypts data with minimal effect on performance,
Seagate said. The drive automatically encrypts all of the data on its
hard disk, adding an additional security layer, the company said."

In addition to Seagate's hard drive, the laptop has TiDoCoMi access
management software from Secude. With the software, system
administrators can manage other add-on security features such as smart
cards and biometric ID systems. TiDoCoMi also stores passwords and
certificates, Seagate said

--
Saqib Ali, CISSP
http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus