Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Apache Security Question
From: "Jennifer Fountain" <jfountain () dormanproducts com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:51:17 -0500

Hi All:
I am running a nessus security scans against my linux redhat/apache
webservers and I keep getting the trace/track issue.  However, I do have
this verbage in my virtual hosts section:

 RewriteEngine On
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)
 RewriteRule .* - [F]
 RewriteRule / https://site.com

And I am loading the rewrite module:

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

I am running the latest nessus.  Any suggestions?  I cannot disable it
unfortunately.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer Fountain
Systems Security Analyst
R&B Distribution
3400 E Walnut Street
Colmar, PA  18915

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE
and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus