Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Questions regarding EFS
From: "Dwight Jones" <djones () filink com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:49:04 -0500

Ok, heres the situation.  I already went thru the process of setting up efs
on a 2003 remote server and can access the files.  What I want to know is if
it is possible to use the command line to encrypt, and then give access to
the shared file.  I know you use cipher to encrypt/decrypt, but is there a
way to add an additional user to the access list of the shared encrypted
file.

This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of the
addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If
you receive this email in error, please advise us by return email immediately.
Please also disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies
immediately.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus