Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Family protection - proxy?
From: "Craig Wright" <cwright () bdosyd com au>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:18:45 +1100

Question, "What is the best way of stopping access to
porn/violence/etc.?"

Answer, disconnect from the Internet.

Another answer is monitor what they do. Log the sites they go to. Have a
separate home proxy and do not allow access - review the sites and let
them know that you do. Sit at the dinner table and say "Hey Johnny, why
did you go to 'Naked Co-Eds' last night when you promised that you where
going to study algebra".

Guilt works wonders. At least they will do their best to download other
than at home...

Craig